Your author, dear Reader, identifies as:
- Genderfluid nonbinary Male-Assigned-At-Birth;
- Sadomasochist (I both like to hurt and be hurt);
- Dominant (although I certainly am no stranger to the pleasures of Submission, it’s not a part of my identity the way being Dominant is – NB, I capitalise the BDSM terms to distinguish them from the common usage);
- Bisexual (or possibly bi-curious – around 1.5-2 on the Kinsey scale, people I find attractive are split roughly 90:10 F:M);
- Depressive – it’s been years since I needed medication for attacks, but it’s something that will never completely go away. I just need to be aware of it and recognise the symptoms when they return, and respond with the techniques I’ve learned to cope and get things done despite it.
- White British, and proud to be descended from immigrants, some of whom were Roma (going back to the 19th Century) and Irish. I loathe those people who want to make pride in this country mean hating people from elsewhere (especially if they look different).
- Christian – I am somewhat outside of the orthodoxy of the organised Church on a number of issues, but my faith in a loving God whose forgiveness knows no bounds, is now firm and true. That said, I have read various books from other faiths and found lessons of value from them all in seeking my understanding of God.
Last year, I self-published my first novel as an ebook on Smashwords “Not To Choose”. The themes of the novel include BDSM (and how it really works, not that “50 Shades” nonsense), relationships, and a little bit of politics and religion.
The themes of this blog will include politics (especially gender politics – think feminism, trans issues etc), BDSM and real life, hot fantasies and stories, relationships (or my ongoing quest for one), friendships, music, and a little bit of religion.
Here are a few of my favourite posts over the years:
Star Trek: DS9 – A Queer Allegory (Science fiction, literary analysis and queer theory!)
Post-Revolution Kink: Not Whether It Exists, But What Kind? (Spinning an imaginary future world of BDSM and communism based on various theories of politics and psychology)
Playing the hate: on being the top in a degradation scene (Introspection, examination, and lots of wisdom drawn from other people!)
Tonight, I’m a Rock’n’Roll Disco 2000 (Music, social movements, personal experience of same)
Girl On The Net also accepted one of my pieces as a guest post: Age and sex toys